Sunday, January 13, 2008

What do you do for money?

Wow, it's been over one week since my last post. That's too long........
Why does work have to be so demanding that it takes my personal time and I end up missing the fun stuff? (the stuff I like to do)

Well, I managed to have some incredible dinners while traveling on business this week. What a great perk? It made me think about how lucky I am to have the job that I have. After the fancy dinners, I returned to my very nice hotel room, watched TV on a plasma screen, and ended the day by saying a prayer. Sounds awesome doesn't it?
Unfortunately, my job requires me to make sacrifices. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it's not.
It's financially worth it, but not spiritually. I don't go home at night thinking that I did anything to improve the legacy I leave my family and friends. I enjoy the challenges, people I work with, and company, but I wouldn't do it if they didn't pay me. I know that's why they call it work, a job, blah, blah, blah.....but I think our time is important enough that we should do things everyday that align with our priorities.
I hope Lifetimers helps you figure out your priorities and ways to maximize your life and time.

This brings me to the title of this post. What do you do for money?
I worded it this way because I want to know if all of us go to work every day just for the money. Did we "settle" for an adequate compensation package that we were raised to think is respectable and worthy of our time?
OR, are you one of the few that didn't settle and can honestly say that your job is both financially and spiritually rewarding? If so, please post a comment so the rest of us can share in your happiness.

No comments: