Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Dumbbells? Fuel? Vessel for the soul?

Good morning everyone!
Just like millions of us all over the world, I too am joining the masses regarding my own exercise program.
I have always been athletic and active. I worked out at least 3 times a week up to October 2006. Thats when it happened.
In the midst of my egotistical pursuit of excessive strength I tore my rotator cuff. (shoulder)
For the first time in my life, I was really hurt. I couldn't even lift my hand to my mouth.
So I decided to take some time off and let hit heal. It's now January 2, 2008 and I haven't lifted a weight since the day I injured myself. I've done some cardio to exercise my heart and legs, but no weights. Until today.......

I went out and purchased a very nice bench with dumbbells. Many people don't realize that this setup is all anyone needs to get in top physical shape at home. It's simple, doesn't take take up a lot of space, and provides a long list of exercises for all party parts.

I may even take some before and after pics as a testimonial to what one can do with such a simple arrangement and little commitment. I can call it Joe's Dumbbells? Do you think I can turn this into a business? Sell benches and dumbbells from a website? Become the next infomercial? :o)
Maybe not......we'll see.

So, that's it for today. I'm starting my exercise plan for the new year. I'm not going to put it off any longer. I'm going to start taking care of my "vessel for my soul". I'm going to pay attention to it and make it a top priority in my daily routine. I'm going to watch what I put in it with as much diligence as what I would put in my car's gas tank for fuel. My body is going to become a lean, healthy, strong, machine. I'm doing this for me, my family, and the future that I want to have......I hope you too will embrace today and take action as well. (if you haven't already)

Make it a GREAT day! It may be our last.

1 comment:

Albort Cena said...

This is what you commonly see in sporting goods stores. These are no frills dumbbells – there is nothing at all special about them. They’re ugly, they’ll crack the floor if you drop them, the flashing from the casting can cut your hands, and the cheap powder coat will flake off – but they weigh what they weigh and you can lift with them. Dumbbells on Sale