Monday, March 10, 2008

"A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle

I read a book titled "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle on my recent business trip. It's a 300 page paperback that everyone should read. It is very insightful and will provide you with direction in regards to your purpose in life. Some may find the material too "deep" and a heavy read. I think if you just take your time, review the table of contents, and focus, you will really start to think about your life in a totally different way.
The book was apparently showcased on the Oprah Winfrey show and is a best seller. She is such a fan that she is providing a webcast thru her website to assist in understanding the message in this book.
The book cost 14 dollars and is worth every penny. Go out and buy it today.

I also experienced a very interesting week in my career. Our company is experiencing significant changes and layoffs that are the cause of tremendous anxiety at this time. I have maintained my normal positive attitude and outlook while leading my responsible area to record results. Although we are surrounded by negativity, rumors, gossip, etc....I continue to calm every one's fears and try to "shine" some light as much as possible.
Last week I was summoned to our corporate headquarters to meet with our President and Senior Vice President to discuss my future with the organization. I was told that I was identified as one of our top 10 leaders and therefore being considered for other opportunities. They proceeded to "interview" me and assess my career. I was then directed to take a Psychoanalytic Test that would provide information about my personality and ethics and values. I heard others were very stressed about this exam and concerned about the answers they provided. I decided that I would answer the questions with complete honesty and that if they did not agree with my responses or found me less attractive, then so be it.

Once complete, I felt so good and had no worries. My recent positive energy and good fortune had to be directly correlated:
  • My body has allowed me to run 6 miles for the first time in my life! Usually I can't breathe, my back cramps up, or my legs give out. All the sudden, my body thinks it's a runner with great cardiovascular endurance!
  • Amongst the chaos at work, I was selected for consideration for promotional opportunities. I now feel more confident in my career.
  • I've been trying to live my life with a purpose driven paradigm and for the first time it's working. I catch myself throughout the day and adjust my mood, disposition, thoughts, and actions accordingly.

I hope everyone begins and ends their day with positive thoughts and an appreciation for their blessings.

No comments: