Monday, June 15, 2009

Summertime

Wow, it's been about 2 months since I last posted.  I guess we've been too busy chasing kids.  So much for prioritizing this blog!  
School is out and summertime is here.  What a great feeling.  I get the same good vibes when school is out as I did when I too was young and attending school.  You wonder what's going to happen, where are you going to go on vacation, are you going to work, are you going to have a summer romance, are you going to the lake for some fishing, etc.....
Everywhere you go somebody is out, pools are packed, and the evening brings that cool breeze that just yearns for innocent mischief.  
The summer movie releases are always the best.  The other big plus is that there are three holidays, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day.  
There's always a summer anthem that everyone likes and will remember for years to come.  

I attended my 25 year high school reunion last week.  It's one of those milestones you're glad to be able to attend since our health takes on a new priority with age.   Speaking with childhood friends is always fun and brings back fond memories of a time where responsibility was reserved for parents and teachers.  Working was a part time job with little expectations. We recognized each other's different appearances and yet appreciated the life lines are bodies and faces grew over time.  
We appreciate the wisdom, maturity, and family blessings we've been afforded but still yearn for those innocent feelings and experiences that shaped our memories.  

Summertime and youth go hand in hand, I only hope I will always have the opportunity to experience both. 

No comments: