Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Is In The Air

On April 1, 2009 I was fortunate to turn 43 years old.  Wow.  My identical twin shared in this endeavor as well.  Yes, we've heard all of the April Fool's jokes to last a lifetime but feel special to have our birthday on a day of comedic efforts.  

Here in Texas, the weather is starting to warm up and everything is turning green in preparation for the upcoming summer.  Easter fell on Sunday, April 12 this year.  The weather was beautiful.  The beautiful ladies and girls wore their spring or Easter dresses while the men wore whatever they thought was appropriate.  

Reviewing the story of Jesus is always a humbling experience.  His sacrifice for us is immeasurable.  His love eternal.  We are privileged to attend service at a church that is capable of sharing modern videos and songs of this special occasion.  The youth are more attentive while the story is even more captivating.  
I've prayed even more this year in light of our economic crisis.  It's comforting to have a close relationship with my maker.  When times get tough, we need him even more.  
Unfortunately, April 2009 also brought some concerning news for me on a personal level.  My blood pressure has been very high lately so I visited a cardiologist for a check up.  The news was not good.  I'm scheduled for a stress test next week that will hopefully assist the doctor in her assessment of my condition.  In the meantime, I've adjusted my diet, exercise program, and stress management.  
It's amazing how quickly you can make changes in your life when something is in jeopardy.  Just the thought of possibly not being there when my children get their driver's license, graduate from high school, college, marriage, kids, etc..... scares me to death.  
I've reached that time where I have to focus on my own health so I can take care of the ones I love the most.  I have to eat right, sleep enough, reduce stress, and exercise my body.  
I have to keep a vision of the future and what it's going to take to experience those special moments with my family.  I know my prayers will be answered and I'll be strengthened by his support.  I have plenty of motivation.  Each day I open my eyes and ears to hear the voices of angels and see examples of pure love.  Their names are Sherry, Jacob, Joshua, and Jessica.  My immediate family.  
We all just need to realize our blessings each day and appreciate the opportunities we have.   Enjoy our time.  Maximize our lifetimes while here.......

I plan on "springing" into spring and summer and on and on and on......I hope you do too.  




No comments: