Saturday, June 14, 2008

Vegas Baby!

I was fortunate enough to go to Las Vegas this week for a business trip.  It was my first visit and I didn't know what to expect.  
I only knew that I wanted to really take advantage of the opportunity and see as much as I could in the short time I had.  
All I can say is WOW!  I really think ever adult should take the time to visit Las Vegas.  I'm not a gambler so my enjoyment wasn't about money.  It centered around the amenities and atmosphere. 
I stayed at the Bellagio hotel which was absolutely gorgeous.  The architecture is unbelievable. You really believe you're staying in a European setting.  I know the hotels in Vegas have a diverse range of amenities and pricing, but you have to really appreciate the fact that the 13 largest hotels in the world are located on the strip.  So regardless of your price range, there's something for everyone. 
As I toured the strip, I enjoyed the people and structures.  Everyone seemed to be in a festive yet adventurous mood.  There's not many places in the world where adults can go and literally dress however they want, tour incredible buildings that replicate various themes from history and the world, and be entertained by musicians, acrobats, magicians, entertainers, or dancers.  
Did I mention that almost all the venues are open 24 hours?  
So my recommendation for everyone is to visit Las Vegas at least once.  You only need three days to really have a great time.  Visit online resources and develop an agenda or itinerary.  
Outside options also include a visit to the Hoover Damn or Grand Canyon.  

I will definitely go back and take my wife.  I plan on seeing multiple shows, touring the hotels, and relaxing by the pool during the day.  

One last thing, the theme "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" is appropriate for adults. 
You can dress, act, and experience in ways you only imagined.... and make memories for a lifetime. 


No comments: